Author Topic: EVE Online  (Read 25966 times)

Offline blood panther

• Deputy disfigured muppet from hell and master of the 404: Forbidden!
  • BADmini
  • Baron Von Snugglemittens
    • http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=609870
Re: EVE Online
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 05:13:31 AM »
could you also send me a trial?

recently I've been looking for a new game......or does anyone have any ideas?

Offline FlyingSpaghettiMnstr

• Emotovomit Supreme
  • BADmini
    • Nekkid s'ghetti
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »
You could always try out Travian. You know, if you don't have a life.

Offline Trevillian

• Proud owner of he world's largest Malibu Stacey colection.
  • BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:22 AM »
could you also send me a trial?

recently I've been looking for a new game......or does anyone have any ideas?

I sent one to you.
I play life in creative mode.

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 05:51:19 AM »
Also Trev, who was deccing EVE:U? lol

We suspect some disgruntled former member was paying mercenary corporations to dec us.  The goal, of course, was to disrupt the UNI's ability to bring in new members, because they close that down while at war so some oblivious newbie doesn't get blown to smithereens.  There are some people out there that take exception to the way E-Uni fights wars, and complains that they don't really teach people anything about PvP.  How that translates to "You should not exist" is beyond me.

Offline Burnt Pies

• BurP of the Veterinarian Department
  • (UD) Veterinary Team
  • Resident Transvestite
    • The Kingdom of loathing!
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 05:59:12 AM »
Oh, how I wish I had a job...

This sounds ever more deep, awesome and sexy...

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
Trev, I'm with you on EVE, I cannot believe how deep this game is and I love it! This thing is like a RPG / Strategy / Sci Fi game all rolled into one. It completely trips me out how many different paths you can take and has something I like the most, almost endless game play. The fact that MA has been playing 5 years says it all.

With the help of MA, I was able to purchase a Iteron Mark III and get some mining done. It takes a while to load up, but it beats the heck out of traveling back and forth with a cargo hold of only 200-400. In the mean time I'm building up the skill levels (I'm working on Industrial V at the moment) and will give things a try in other areas as my skills allow for it.

I put an application into the E.U. and I'm supposed to contact someone through the public channel, but where the heck do I find it? One of the one of the on line help people highly recommended it too.

Question for you guys; what's the deal with people continually blowing up their ships? On several occasions I often see wreaks from the same player usually near a station. Are they trashing their ships and collecting the insurance?

Oh, how I wish I had a job...

This sounds ever more deep, awesome and sexy...

My wife prefers to see me playing this game because the graphics are very attractive and high quality (Yes, they can be called very sexy). Some of them look as if they came from the Hubble. Also, she'd rather seeing me playing this then killing soldiers or zombies in my FPS games.... :shrug:  If she only knew how this game seems to be pulling me into a gravity well that I doubt I'll be able to escape..... :duh:

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline mutantarachnid

• Has trouble climbing out of baths.
    • My profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
With the help of MA, I was able to purchase a Iteron Mark III and get some mining done. It takes a while to load up, but it beats the heck out of traveling back and forth with a cargo hold of only 200-400. In the mean time I'm building up the skill levels (I'm working on Industrial V at the moment) and will give things a try in other areas as my skills allow for it.

I am glad you like your iteron! :D I hope to come and visit you one day in game if I have the time.

I put an application into the E.U. and I'm supposed to contact someone through the public channel, but where the heck do I find it? One of the one of the on line help people highly recommended it too.

If you look on your sidebar on the left, there should be a channels and mailing lists button (about 2/3 down I think), click on it and then click join channel. Then just type in the name of the channel they gave you. Or it may just be EVE University or something. :D

Question for you guys; what's the deal with people continually blowing up their ships? On several occasions I often see wreaks from the same player usually near a station. Are they trashing their ships and collecting the insurance?

It's either that, or the noob has got himself tagged by concord and he keeps trying to undock and getting blown up before the timer runs out lol.

My wife prefers to see me playing this game because the graphics are very attractive and high quality (Yes, they can be called very sexy). Some of them look as if they came from the Hubble. Also, she'd rather seeing me playing this then killing soldiers or zombies in my FPS games.... :shrug:  If she only knew how this game seems to be pulling me into a gravity well that I doubt I'll be able to escape..... :duh:

It is so indeed very sexy. Canada even the trailers they send out are damn fine too! I love the music aswell, it's so tranquil.

Tell me about it AP, I had to take about a year out of the game because I was getting so addicted to it, I was waking up at 6am to get in a few hours before school etc. I have it under control now though. :duh:
Well, one of my main guiding philosophies in a Mafia game is to always trust MutAr.

Vote: MutAr

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »
Another question;  :yup:

Is it possible to upgrade Turret Hardpoints? The iteron has only one turret and it would be nice to add another. Is that what the "Upgrade Hardpoints" is or what is that?

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
You can't upgrade your hardpoints unfortunatly. All industrial ships have only one turret hard point.
I'm unfortunatly not gallente so I haven't really dabbled into their industrial side.
Maybe Trev is a dirty frenchy too?

Two more useful links! :D
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Glossary
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Ship_Fitting_Guide

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:27:00 AM by mutantarachnid »
Well, one of my main guiding philosophies in a Mafia game is to always trust MutAr.

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »
Oh, it's on now MutAr.  Yes, I'm a frenchie...although I'm not exactly the most welcome person in Gallente space.  I've lived in Caldari space, where the Eve Uni HQ is, for several months and I've...kinda...blown up...some of the Gallente Navy.

Ity III's an excellent hauler, but it is just a hauler.  My advice would be to get a Navitas to do the mining, and then the Ity to haul the ore.

Upgrade hardpoints are for rigs...which are pretty pricy upgrades to ships that grant a bonus to one aspect at the cost of another.  Like, you get a bigger cargo hold, but you top speed is decreased.  I don't even worry about them because buying rigs would bankrupt me.

To join the channel, follow MutAr's instructions.  The name of the channel is "Eve University".  Just go in there, ask if an RO is present, and wait a bit.  Sometimes we have to scrounge one up from the private channel.

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
Where is eve uni's HQ? I may have to come and visit if I have some spare time.

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 12:10:04 PM »
Where is eve uni's HQ? I may have to come and visit if I have some spare time.

Korsiki, in The Forge

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 08:53:14 PM »
26 away if I use my jump clone. Eh it's doable.

Offline Boogie Bear

• Omnivore Extraordinaire
  • BADmini
  • Stop reading this.
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
.... I was interested at first.

But now you guys have lost me.  :frown:

Boogie Bear: Forty pounds of dick in a five-pound bag.

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 09:44:38 PM »
We haven't even started.