Author Topic: Band of Brothers  (Read 2023 times)

Offline mutantarachnid

• Has trouble climbing out of baths.
    • My profile
Band of Brothers
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
Alliance is gone! http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0902/mittani.mp3
Oh man it was epic. Sucks to be me though, my alliance is allied with them and now we are stuck out in 0.0 with no way of retreating lol. . . . .
Well, one of my main guiding philosophies in a Mafia game is to always trust MutAr.

Vote: MutAr

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
Re: Band of Brothers
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:51:10 AM »
Goes to show how much spies are used in this game. If they get a director level spy to just close it down.
Well, one of my main guiding philosophies in a Mafia game is to always trust MutAr.

Offline Trevillian

• Proud owner of he world's largest Malibu Stacey colection.
  • BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »
Might see you in Empire space sooner rather than later, eh?
I play life in creative mode.

Offline Burnt Pies

• BurP of the Veterinarian Department
  • (UD) Veterinary Team
  • Resident Transvestite
    • The Kingdom of loathing!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
You weren't sensible enough to leave a Jump Clone in safe, nice Empire space, then?

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:00:38 PM »
I have a JC in imih. The irony is someone has just war decced us.  :frown:
I predict they are a merc group hired by goonswarm.

Offline Burnt Pies

• (UD) Veterinary Team
  • Resident Transvestite
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
You are going to have some fun...

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »
If fun is running for your lives, sure.

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:09 PM »
We will pound the merc group into the ground, my corp has quickly shown my alliance that we are the most experienced there a working in small roaming gangs and gate camping.

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »
What the larger implications of this move, though?  I'm sure most of the BoB Corps will re-form in some shape or form, but will the Goons be able to take a large part of the null-sec space from what was BoB?  Did a whole swath of 0.0 space become a free-for-all?

Offline Burnt Pies

• (UD) Veterinary Team
  • Resident Transvestite
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
well, my Noob Corp are joking about going out there and claiming some systems, so I think everyone's gonna be going for a little empire of their own out there.

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
News

Band of Brothers Alliance Disbanded
reported by: ISD Clarity Brown | 2009.02.05 12:14:18

NOL-M9 - A few hours after midnight on 05.02.111, Band of Brothers alliance was disbanded. The loss of formal alliance status forcibly relinquished all Band of Brothers held sovereignty, and thus is expected to render all their outposts vulnerable, pause the construction of all motherships and titans currently being built in their capital assembly arrays and interfere with the proper fuctioning of cynojammers and jump bridge waystations at their control towers. This effect has never been seen before on such a huge scale, so there is much uncertainty about the precise effects.

There are currently multiple theories as to the actual cause of the disbanding of the alliance. A director in Band of Brother's executor corp, TinFoil, and director Haargoth Agamar of Black Nova Corp are alleged to have disbanded the alliance and handed over Black Nova Corp assets at the instigation of The Mittani of Goonswarm. Comments on the Corporation, Alliance and Organization Discussions section of GalNet, however, shed doubt on this claim.

Tin Foil pilot Agaue asserted on GalNet that the disbanding was not caused by a spy:

"I like how everyone is stating their opinions like it is fact... when in truth they have no idea what happened. I will state as a fact:

"1) it wasnt a bill/money issue.
"2) it wasnt spy related.

"Mittani isnt dumb enough to put his hand up and say he is responsible."

Elitus of Reikoku stated on GalNet that the issue was not an unpaid bill:

"I'll go and say this: previous bill was paid on the 6th of Janurary. Previous bill before that was paid on the 6th of December. Currently looks like HAT was compromised... Log shows 500 mil was removed from the wallet stating 'mittani says hi.' We are investigating."

A new corporation named "Band of Brothers" has been created, allegedly by GoonSwarm affiliates, in an apparent attempt to keep the alliance name and ticker out of the hands of former BoB members.

The Mittani further claims on GalNet that he has archived the Band of Brothers directorial forum and will be publishing it in full for the public eye.

The Interstellar Correspondents are looking into this story in-depth and will bring you updates and interviews in the coming hours as we attempt to learn the truth behind these events and their consequences.

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline mutantarachnid

• My profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 09:12:40 PM »
It's going to be a bloody and fun time for me. Can't wait for the fighting to start.  :woot:

Offline Odd Bob

• Zoo's Most Charming Man
  • BADMIN
    • http://namelesshorror.com/
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »
http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?t=3604

I've just finished reading up on this (there, and a thread on the Eve-Insider forums that has the original chatlogs from when the BoB guy told the Goons who he was). Very entertaining, even for a noob like me. Particularly touching was the fact that he'd joined the Goons with his alt to spy, they'd only recruited him as part of a scam that the scammer then had second thoughts about, and he found them to be much more fun than the BoB were. Star-crossed lovers, time of war, etc. etc.  :yup: