Author Topic: Calling out Keet  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Trevillian

• Proud owner of he world's largest Malibu Stacey colection.
  • BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
Calling out Keet
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:53 AM »
Alright, buddy, I see that you still log on to this game and update your skill queue, which means you still have a subscription.

I think it's time you left the comfortable nest of hi-sec space and joined me out in the wilds of null-sec.

"Jolly Codgers" in game chat channel.
I play life in creative mode.

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
Re: Calling out Keet
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:41:04 AM »
I think I'll do that.

I've had so many external things going this year it has really chipped away at my free/game time. I still manage to put in some quick moves in UD, BF3 and update my skills in EVE though.

I've been working on what I believe will be better skillsets for null-sec, of course, what the Canada do I know?

What ship/configuration would be best for me to make a dash into null-sec? Excluding the standard mining ships and transports I currently own;
Enyo
Celestis
Hyperion

Orca
Charon
Obelisk

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »
The Enyo, totally.  The quicker the better.

Although a properly tanked Hyperion is really hard to tackle.

If you have any cloaky ships, those are usually the best.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:40:46 AM by Trevillian »

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:20 AM »
So I should play up speed and defense, eh?

Will do. I'll keep an eye out for the next time you log on.

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline Trevillian

• BADmini
  • The 1%
    • UD Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
Well, the main point is that it's a long way to reach our space from hi-sec, and all it takes is one hostile interdictor sitting on a gate to take out an Orca or Freighter.  If you're fast or cloaked, you've got a decent shot of escaping a bubble.  Just because our allies own all the systems between hi-sec and our space doesn't mean some hostile can't set up on a random gate.

We've relocated from Pure Blind to Branch recently.  Pure Blind, and particularly the space our alliance was in, was right on the doorstep of hi-sec.  There was advantages and disadvantages to this.  The advantage was that a run to Jita didn't take TOO long and it was easy to bring stuff in.  The disadvantage was that you frequently had people roaming through the space.

Branch, on the other hand, is WAY out in null-sec.  The systems we have taken over are some of the farthest "north" in the universe.  The disadvantage is obviously that it's a really long way to the hi-sec markets, so we basically have to create our own.  The space, however, is some of the lowest security space in the game, including one -1.0 system.  I was ice mining yesterday, and came to the realization that if you fill a Mackinaw ore hold with Pristine White Glaze (the ice we have in one of our systems) it has an estimated market value of 194 million ISK.  Even if you have to dock up a few times to bring out a ratting ship to knock out the rats that show up...that's 150 million an hour.  Yesterday I also caught a "hauler spawn", which apparently only exist in nullsec.  It's a group of ships that rarely arrive in an asteroid belt.  4 haulers and 4 cruisers.  You blow up the haulers, and then the cruisers, and loot the hauler wrecks - which hold minerals.  I made off with over 200 million worth of minerals.  Took me less than an hour.