Author Topic: Quarantine 2019  (Read 7815 times)

Offline Building Maintenance

• BADmini
  • What a long strange road it's been........
Quarantine 2019
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »
The Pub Crawlers have started a small zombie horde in the game,  Quarantine 2019.

It is a bit Like UD, but it has a set goal and when either harmanz or zambahz win, the game resets and you go again. If anyone here would care to join us, you would be more than welcome!  :ckiss:

http://play.quarantine2019.com/

Of course, there might be room for a small Zoo survivor colony, more brainz are always welcome.  :wink:
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
  • Former grinder, smasher, terror of Highscores.
    • Ray3K
Re: Quarantine 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
I'll look into it later today.  :yup:

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 11:08:52 AM »
Signed up as Keet.

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

• BADmini
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 07:25:40 PM »
VonBraun and Suho are there as well. We should be forming The Pub Crawlers as soon as someone hits 100 XP.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
Yep, and both VB and I managed to get our first kills not too long ago.  :woot:

By the way, the group forming thing is a little complicated. It's not 100 XP that you need, but 100 SP. I believe that means you have to spend those 100 SP to create the group, and that's a lot to pants for a young zombie. I suspect that for much of this round we will play without a group, only forming toward the end when SP don't matter as much anymore. From what I can tell, groups persist from round to round.

Anyway, we need all the help we can get! We're outnumbered by the harmanz 2 to 1 right now. :(

• BADmini
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
I'm just crazy enough to spend my SP on the group!  :zombie:

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 08:18:29 AM »
Not worth. Not yet, at least. Build up some of your basic skills first. Stronger zombies contribute more to the cause! We can always incorporate later.

:yup:

Offline Wade Cable

• BADmini
  • Smells like Whiskey, looks like a Cabinet.
    • UD Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
Ollie Oxenfree reporting for duty!
This game reminds me of some other game...
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 04:18:11 AM »
If you guys need some pointers feel free to post here. I've played quite a bit of Q and if you're looking to join an existing zombie group I'd recommend the Undeadites.

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
Uroguy: The consensus at the moment, I think, is that we want to form our own group. I do have one question, though: I've been assuming that once a group is formed, it is a permanent thing. That is, you don't have to found a new group every round. Is this correct? If so, I'm thinking we should wait until the round is more or less decided before we waste SP on founding a group.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but if anything pops up I'll let you know. Thanks.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 09:56:21 PM »
Yes that's correct, it's a permanent expenditure. The main advantage of a group is the shared metamap which allows you to put up flags with helpful information such as humans in the open (attack), opened doors by smart zombies (info), and where the strong zombies can ruin the buildings because there are no installed generators and the doors, stair barricades and fuses are destroyed (repair).

Offline Wade Cable

• BADmini
    • UD Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 03:28:09 AM »
Where are you guys? I'm at Market Square district, near Abel's River. I just get killed with a sledgehammer, stand up and claw some doors.

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »
Yes that's correct, it's a permanent expenditure. The main advantage of a group is the shared metamap which allows you to put up flags with helpful information such as humans in the open (attack), opened doors by smart zombies (info), and where the strong zombies can ruin the buildings because there are no installed generators and the doors, stair barricades and fuses are destroyed (repair).

Ah, well in that case I definitely think we should wait until the end of the round.

@Wade. We are down in the southeast corner. Tomorrow morning, sometime between 00:00 and 01:00 GMT, VB and I are going to be trying to take down the power station in that district (I believe that coordinates are 512,514). I am (or will be) a smart zombie, which means I'll be able to open the door, while VB (a strong zombie) will be able to go in and hopefully ruin it.

Offline Wade Cable

• BADmini
    • UD Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 12:41:25 AM »
Nice. I'm currently a non-zombie, as somebody decided to fix me. I'm hiding near the Falafel shop close to north edge. I'm warning you, I have a steak knife!

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
If you're looking to get back into zombie mode you can opt to stand near a friendly/group zombie and wait for them to bite you to death and hopefully infect you. Claws have 50% the success rate of bites for infecting so always bite people that are looking for a reinfect. Also any level of infect will help. With infect 3 the chances of infecting someone that stands with only 10AP and therefore only has 20GH (General Health) are pretty good. Do not stand up with more than 10AP as your GH will equal your HPs and any additional GH reduces your success rates of a reinfect.