Author Topic: Quarantine 2019  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
Re: Quarantine 2019
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
Yep, we got our rotten rear ends handed to us in that round. Still no idea what happened, and why we lost so badly. Hopefully we'll fare better in this round.

Wade, the Pub Crawlers have started a group, and we're already up to a dozen members. If you'd like to join, send me a PM with your location (and the name of your character) and I'll try to track you down to recruit you. You could also start heading SE, as that is roughly where we all are at the moment.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
The populations can make or break a round. Basically there were too many humans and not enough zombies last round. Also since there hasn't been a whole lot of excitement the zombie groups have not been nearly as coordinated as they were a couple of years ago.

Also a pro-tip: If you claw the fuses down all the way the building goes grey which pretty much is a huge red flag for any passing human to duck in and murder you. It's somewhat better to simply destroy the door and leave the fuses alone as that won't attract as much attention. That way a passing human has to actually walk over the square as opposed to being able to scan for it in the 9 square map.

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 05:16:49 AM »
Also a pro-tip: If you claw the fuses down all the way the building goes grey which pretty much is a huge red flag for any passing human to duck in and murder you. It's somewhat better to simply destroy the door and leave the fuses alone as that won't attract as much attention. That way a passing human has to actually walk over the square as opposed to being able to scan for it in the 9 square map.

Yeah, I think we all learned that the hard way. But as zeds we generally end up dead no matter what, I've found. Once the round gets underway, I'm pretty much resigned to starting each cycle with 10 fewer EP.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »
Yeah, I think we all learned that the hard way. But as zeds we generally end up dead no matter what, I've found. Once the round gets underway, I'm pretty much resigned to starting each cycle with 10 fewer EP.

That's pretty much it. And only 10 ep less hopefully unless you need to get reinfected.

This round is starting out more even it seems and this smaller map tends to favour the zombies more as we need to ruin fewer buildings and they still need to sample the same number of brains for cure to reach 100%.

Offline FlyingSpaghettiMnstr

• Emotovomit Supreme
  • BADmini
    • Nekkid s'ghetti
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »
I think Dustin and I played this many years ago...

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 01:11:59 AM »
This round is starting out more even it seems and this smaller map tends to favour the zombies more as we need to ruin fewer buildings and they still need to sample the same number of brains for cure to reach 100%.

We'll see how it goes. The Pub Crawlers are doing a pretty decent job of keeping the power out in the central district. Hopefully we'll be able to start ruining buildings soon.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
That was a really fast reset, likely due to Halloween coming up on us. This map really heavily favors the zombies and the humans weren't making a lot of effort at cure so it wasn't even close.

Offline Wade Cable

• BADmini
  • Smells like Whiskey, looks like a Cabinet.
    • UD Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
Yay, I made it to the lists with 37 deaths!  :zombie1:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 03:57:47 AM »
I was surprised to see that I ended up being the most murderous zombie. I guess I did do a lot of killing. That would probably explain why the humans seemed to spend a lot of effort hunting me down.

Also proud of my second-place infection finish.

This round I will be away for ten days starting tomorrow, so I decided to get a human character going just to see what the other side was like.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 03:03:52 PM »
Nice work! Yes we were a little light on infiltrators that past round which is probably a good thing since it's always easier to win when the strongs outnumber the engineers. As an infiltrator you'll very likely have the most kills and you can keep them running around in circles with a bit (a lot) of paranoia. There's a fine balance between enough infiltrators to do scouting, prep work (interior demo of generators, fuses and stair cades), and killing of engineers and scientists so they're always a bit paranoid about someone climbing in on them and too many infiltrators and losing ruining capacity from the strongs.

Offline Uroguy

• UD Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 12:33:56 AM »
Just a heads-up but the last ever round of Q2019 is currently in progress. The owner of the game (sv7) plans to shut the servers down afterwards.

Offline Wade Cable

• BADmini
  • Smells like Whiskey, looks like a Cabinet.
    • UD Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2016, 12:18:19 AM »
That's at least three years too early! Such a missed opportunity.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.