Author Topic: Re: Server Status  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Building Maintenance

• BADmini
  • What a long strange road it's been........
Re: Server Status
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »
While you're at it, what will it take to get the Zookeeper's MC server up to date? We're anxious to try the new boats and are all set to tackle the Enderdragon this weekend.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline FlyingSpaghettiMnstr

• Emotovomit Supreme
  • BADmini
    • Nekkid s'ghetti
Re: Re: Server Status
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 05:14:53 AM »
And while you're at it, clean the place up. Looks like a bunch of wild animals live here or something. I'll admit it looks noticeably better since KoB and Odd Bob have been gone, but it still looks like you might let Smasho in here or something. Gross.

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
While you're at it, what will it take to get the Zookeeper's MC server up to date? We're anxious to try the new boats and are all set to tackle the Enderdragon this weekend.

Not updated? Argh, they're supposed to do it automatically. I'll take a gander at it tonight.

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:18 AM »
The 1.9 update is not listed, so I sent in a service request. Will let keep you updated...

BTW - I've downloaded a backup copy. 1.7gb
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:07:08 AM by Keet »

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
  -Locutus

• BADmini
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »
1.7 gigs! We've been busy!  :yup:
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Still no response. In fact, I received no confirmation email in regards to help request and they've not posted on any of their media outlets or blog since 2014.

http://hostthegame.com/

Also, trying to log into the server;
The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:03:43 AM by Keet »

-Locutus

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
  • Former grinder, smasher, terror of Highscores.
    • Ray3K
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
I'll see if I can activate my realms trial when I get home if you guys are interested. At least you'll be able to play the new update together.

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 02:05:44 PM »
Still no response. In fact, I received no confirmation email in regards to help request and they've not posted on any of their media outlets or blog since 2014.

Also, trying to log into the server;
The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Well that certainly is disappointing.

And just for the record, I am going to be busy on most weekends for the foreseeable future, so I don't know how much time BM and I are going to have to adventure together. I had started working on a PvP arena a while back, though, and with this new update I thought I would maybe finish that, so then when we did have time we could spend it killing each other.

Now, though, especially with the server situation as it is, I'm debating other options, like creating a separate world with the arena in it and then hosting that for BM and anyone else who wants to join in the mayhem. I doubt this would be a simple prospect, though--the hosting part, that is. So who knows.

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
    • Ray3K
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
I made a 14 day trial on a Minecraft realm. I would need to be reminded what your player names are to add you.

It does have a world upload feature so this would probably be a good option if the server host goes kaput. I don't know how price compares :/

• BADmini
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 07:38:56 PM »
We are odwan and suho1004. :thumbup:

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
    • Ray3K
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »
You're both in like sin, as they say.

• BADmini
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:06 AM »
I'll see if I can figure it out after work tonight. Thank you, sir!

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »
So I was able to get on a bit and check the realm out with BM. This was my first time playing 1.9--combat is a lot harder now! And I think not having any armor at first had something to do with it. It was very exciting, to say the least.

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »

I've sent 3 emails and heard nothing from these people. When I have a chance, I'll give them a call as they're located in L.A..

Since we're unable to play, I've stopped the automatic annual payment which will be due next month.

I've download the map, 1.7gb so if the decision is to start a new server, we have the needed files.

-Locutus

Offline Suho

• (UD) Zookeeper
    • Liminality
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Wow, that's pretty lame. Thanks for trying to get on top of this!

BM and I are currently playing around in (separate) SSP worlds. It's been a really long time since I've played SSP. Totally different game. Fun in its own way. But it will nice to get back on the server eventually.