Author Topic: Re: Server Status  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Building Maintenance

• BADmini
  • What a long strange road it's been........
Re: Server Status
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 06:49:47 AM »

I've download the map, 1.7gb so if the decision is to start a new server, we have the needed files.

Could you send me a copy of those files? Electronically or on a thumb drive? I'd like to see about getting it set up again and since suho and me use it the most, we would be willing to take on the responsibility for it. If you think you want to re-host it somewhere, I would gladly pay the yearly subscription since we spend the most time on it.

If we can't work something out, the fees on the realms are fairly reasonable on a longer subscription and we can start over via that route.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
  • Former grinder, smasher, terror of Highscores.
    • Ray3K
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »
If it isn't improper for me to weigh in, I'd like to say the trial for realms went smoothly for me. The interface worked well, players can only login by invitation, limits and pricing are reasonable. It's officially supported by Mojang so it's the first to get fixes and they're not going to fall off the map like most 3rd party hosts do. The down-side (I guess) is that your forced to play the most recent version and no mods. That's not been a problem for us though.

As a reminder, you can upload a map through realms, so you won't need to start over necessarily.

• BADmini
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 09:23:14 PM »
As a reminder, you can upload a map through realms, so you won't need to start over necessarily.

This I didn't know, but I've yet to do my homework on Realms.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles." - Charles Chaplin

Offline Keet

• All hail
  • The Chairman
    • UD Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 01:30:03 AM »
Could you send me a copy of those files? Electronically or on a thumb drive? I'd like to see about getting it set up again and since suho and me use it the most, we would be willing to take on the responsibility for it. If you think you want to re-host it somewhere, I would gladly pay the yearly subscription since we spend the most time on it.

If we can't work something out, the fees on the realms are fairly reasonable on a longer subscription and we can start over via that route.

The best way would likely be a thumb drive. If you want to contact me via FB, I can UPS it next week.

I don't play much any more and I'd rather not deal with it. They actually had the nerve to send me an invoice!

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your
biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.”
  -Locutus

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
    • Ray3K
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 01:35:30 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, 'Keet. Those guys are real jerks. Thanks for being such a gracious host for so long!

• BADmini
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 11:00:15 AM »
I'll drop my address off on FB PM. If you like, I'll happily PayPal the money to cover the the drive and the shipping.

As Rae said, thank you for all the time, effort and $$$ you've put into this. We greatly appreciate all that you've done!  :bow:

Now to go look into loading the world into Realms or finding a decent server for it.

• BADmini
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »
So it begins. After discussing our options, we've decided to go with a Realm. I have it up and running with a game I had on my MC client, we will be playing on that and probably starting a new world later. Once I receive the files for the old server, we'll see where we stand on loading it in. Rae, I'll be sending you and invite as soon as my upload completes, my upload speeds are glacial at best.  :sadnod:

Anyone else that thinks they might like access can post their game name here and I'll put it before THE COMMITTEE:beat:

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
    • Ray3K
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 12:48:39 PM »
Woot woot! Thanks, sounds like fun.

• BADmini
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »
At the moment, I have a world I've been playing in loaded. Not certain where you'll spawn, but it should be within sight of a large tower under construction and the evil underground lair is just north of it. Any provisions you need are in the chests there and you are welcome to them.

Enjoy!

Offline raeleus

• Artist in Residence
  • BADMIN
    • Ray3K
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
I haven't actually cooperated with anyone in years. We should make this a habit. What do you guys do? Schedule a time once a week or something?

• BADmini
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 02:14:41 PM »
Normally our schedules coincide early on Saturday mornings, between midnight and 1 a.m. eastern, which is about 3 in the afternoon for Suho in Korea. I started a new thread on the Pub Crawlers forum so that we can try to coordinate activities.  :thumbup:

Offline Kevin Cox

• Director of E&E
  • BADMIN
  • Maverick Vet & High-Priest of Jeebus
    • UD Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 09:56:26 AM »
My connection speeds have been far too erratic of late to consider much online gaming at all. maybe one day...

• BADmini
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
My connection speeds have been far too erratic of late to consider much online gaming at all. maybe one day...

You will be more than welcome any time!

You can always find us here, after you're approved, of course.  :ckiss:

http://vincentz.proboards.com/

Offline vgcatsfan

• (UD) Veterinary Team
  • why can't i chose a avatar?
    • http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=661715
Re: Re: Server Status
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:28 AM »
same here but i would love to try to play with yaw again.
minecraft mod fanatic. name is vgcatsfan.